The Family Policy Institute of Washington believes marriage is the most significant relationship in existence. We believe life-long, heterosexual, monogamous marriages provide unique benefits to children and society that cannot be matched by any other relationship. As a result, we believe marriage should always be defined as a union of one man and one woman and that marriage should be promoted and preferred above other relationships while recognizing the right of individuals to live freely outside the institution of marriage.
Despite the unfortunate decision of the Supreme Court, we will continue to defend the truth about marriage. Every child has a mother and father. Therefore, an understanding of marriage that recognizes the value of children being known and loved by their mother and father, which also encourages the adults to think more about best interest of the next generation than the desire for recognition of their emotional connections, will always be preferable.
- Privatization of Marriage is Impossible by Jennifer Roback Morse
- Privatization of Marriage is Unjust to Children by Jennifer Roback Morse
- Privatization of Marriage Will Expand the Role of the State by Jennifer Roback Morse
- Family Coverage [Insight paper – PDF]
- Marriage: It’s Not Just for Your Grandparents by James Sunday
- Amicus Brief: Lewis v. Harris
- Amicus Brief: Fausey v. Hiller
- Privatizing Marriage is Impossible, by Jennifer Roback Morse
- Privatizing Marriage is Unjust to Children, by Jennifer Roback Morse
- Privatizing Marriage will Expand the Role of the State, by Jennifer Roback Morse
- How to Talk to Your Children about Homosexuality, by Jeff Johnston, Focus on the Family
- What Does the Bible Say About Homosexuality?, by Focus on the Family
- Same-Sex “Marriage” Resources Why We Support Traditional Marriage (One Man & One Woman): A Compiled List of Research and News Articles on the subject of Marriage. (03/22/12)
- Letter from ADF re Church Support for Marriage Referendum (02/14/12)
- Same-Sex “Marriage” Bill Info
- (Letter to our Legislators)Senate Bill Fails to Protect Religious Liberty
- From the Archdiocese of Seattle: A Statement by Washington’s bishops on defending marriage
- Same-Sex “Marriage” FAQ’s
- Congressional Testimony in Support of Marriage
- Guidelines for Political Activities by Churches
- Is it Degrading to Treat Relationships Differently?
- My Daddy’s Name is Donor – 15 Major Findings
- No Difference – An Analysis of Same-Sex Parenting by George W. Dent Jr.
- Same Sex Marriage Questions and Answers
- The Biblical Foundations of Marriage
- Wayne Grudem Brief on Marriage and Family
- What Is Marriage?
- Yale Study on Impact of Same-Sex Parenting
- How Same-Sex Marriage Threatens Freedom
Why do you always bring up polygamy? We aren’t talking about polygamy.
Why are you denying people basic rights?
Aren’t you trying to legislate morality?
Our Policy Positions
- A state constitutional amendment that codifies marriage as between a man and a woman only
- Measures that encourage marriage and make divorce less frequent